What To Know About Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Security Systems In Dothan
You know you need to safeguard your home. Beyond everything else, it’s where your loved ones live and is where you store your possessions. But what type of home defense is right for you? Whether or not to get 24/7 monitoring is one of the leading choices you must make. Examine the pros and cons of monitored vs. unmonitored security systems in Dothan and get a better sense of what’s right for you.
Core Considerations Of Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Home Security Systems
When you opt for round-the-clock monitoring, your home’s protection bridges to an external monitoring team that is ready to provide help at a moment’s notice. Whenever a door sensor trips or a fire alarm begins beeping, your monitoring professionals receive an immediate warning. They will work quickly to confirm the alarm and contact the proper emergency services.
On the contrary, an unmonitored home defense doesn’t come with professional support. You might consider this option as self-monitored, meaning that if your alarm goes off, you have to act to remedy the situation. This option is the cheaper solution, but it also puts all the responsibility on you.
Advantages And Drawbacks Of A Monitored Security System In Dothan
Here’s a quick breakdown of the advantages and drawbacks of a monitored security system.
Benefits Of Monitored Systems
- Heightened security: Having a backup in place is always wise. If you are on vacation, sleeping, or without your smartphone, your property and its inhabitants will still be protected.
- Faster response: Monitoring agents are always prepared. They’ll react in a speedier fashion to incidents than you can on your own.
- Insurance savings: Monitored home security systems could entitle you to a homeowners insurance discount.
- Top-of-the-line equipment and seamless integration: When you get tools, installation, and monitoring from a trusted home security specialist, you will enjoy a cohesive system with devices that may be superior to what you will discover yourself.
Drawbacks Of A Monitored System
- Cost: There is a monthly charge for monitoring.
- Have to get a professional install: Many residents would prefer to have the install done by experienced professionals, but some might want to do it by themselves.
- Have to sign a contract: You will typically need to sign a contract as part of your package. This is likely to be satisfactory for numerous residents as home security is something you will want long term.
Pros And Cons Of An Unmonitored Security System In Dothan
Here’s a quick overview of the pros and cons of an unmonitored security system.
Advantages Of An Unmonitored System
- Affordability: You won’t need to pay a monitoring fee.
- Self-installation: Do-it-yourselfers might deem this to be a pro as they can do the installation themselves and circumvent an extra charge. Other residents will prefer going with a professional.
- Greater Flexibility: You can integrate devices when you want - and from your choice of manufacturer. With that being said, you might find assembling into a cohesive system a challenge.
- You have complete control: There won’t be anyone else monitoring your home’s defense. If an emergency arises, you’re in control of getting support.
Cons Of An Unmonitored System
- No support system: What if you don’t have your cell phone and don’t receive a security warning? This situation equates to added stress and less peace of mind.
- Calls for your complete attention: As you are the only one in control, you must pay close attention to your home security app.
- No help hooking up the system: If you need help during an installation, you might have to hire a separate service professional. The installation is also likely to be more time-intensive.
Stay Protected With a Monitored Home Security System In Dothan
Stay protected 24 hours a day with a monitored home security system in Dothan from Secure24 Alarm Systems. We’re certain you’ll agree that a cohesive, monitored home security system is the ideal option for you. Call (334) 219-8334 today to speak with our security experts.