How to Get the Most From A Security Cameras In Dothan
Home security cameras can simply be used as a deterrent—a sign that informs would-be thieves or intruders that “we know you’re there.” Or you can optimize your home security cameras to strengthen your home’s security.
Thankfully, modern security cameras are equipped with an array of additions all tailor-made to provide all-encompassing protection for your home. Whether it’s two-way audio and recording capabilities or infrared night vision and lightning-quick motion sensors, these features help you to have the most from home security cameras in Dothan.
How To Set Up Your Dothan Home Security Cameras For Maximum Protection
Placing your home security cameras at the ideal locations around your home is the best place to begin with home security.. Indoor security cameras need to be placed in high traffic rooms like the living room or family room. It’s also a great move to install a camera near main hallways, stairs, or other transitional areas criminals would have to move around to get to the rest of your interior. Exterior security cameras ideally afford a clear sightline of your front door, driveway, front and yards, shed, and other exterior detached buildings, like sheds. And you can easily access a view of your front door through a sleek doorbell camera.
There are locations around your house that aren’t quite as imperative to monitor such as bedrooms, bathrooms, and basements without a good entryway to the outside. Even if you have expensive items in your bedroom, setting a camera in the bedroom may reduce your privacy. Consider adding window or motion sensors if you need some type of device in bedrooms.
Additions That Elevate Home Security Cameras
Device location is only the beginning in getting the all you can out of home security cameras in Dothan. The innovations described below help to maximize security and increase overall home security.
- Motion detection: Get automatic alerts on your mobile device anytime unusual motion is sensed. You can also program cameras to begin filming when movements are detected which will increase camera recording time.
- Cloud storage for smart clips: Set your security cameras to capture footage and back up clips to the cloud for easy playback later.
- 2-way talk: Most of current security cameras include a built-in microphone and speaker so you can actually converse with anyone with the unit. Via your mobile app, you can give the illusion that you’re inside or talk to your kids as they get back from school.
- Field of view: Field of view is a term for how much a lens can see, and provides a more complete view of any space. Look for cameras that provide at least 120° angle lens or that have the ability to pan automatically for superior visibility.
- Dark vision: Make sure your home security cameras are equipped with either LED or infrared sensors that will capture clips of overnight activity.
- Activity zones: To make security updates more targeted, set up activity zones. For example, you can tell your doorbell camera to notify you of movement happening on your yard or your porch and disregard traffic passing or the sidewalk.
- App: app, like ADT Control®, empower you to view live camera feeds, direct cameras, arm or disarm the system, and capture events. Most importantly, the app can send timely alerts when the detect unusual motion around your property.
Get Your Home Security Cameras Today
Getting the most out of your video surveillance in Dothan is simpler. From rapid motion detection to two-way audio, your security system rises from just a deterrent to a powerful defense. Call (334) 219-8334 or submit the form below to start personalizing your home security system today.