Modern residential security options have become more advanced by the day. With that being said, it’s still easy to forget to complete easy security tasks like activating your a security system, shutting the garage door, or locking all your doors.
Would you like it if you no longer needed to concern yourself with these things again? When utilizing geofencing in Dothan, you can just leave the house and let your system lock up for you.
What is Geofencing In Dothan For Home Security Systems?
Geofencing generates a virtual boundary around your house, which you can arrange in your smart security app. The technology then utilizes your mobile device to see when you cross the perimeter and then puts in motion your “leaving-the-house” automations.
How Does Geofencing Work?
Geofencing relies on z-wave, a wireless communications standard that smart devices utilize to share information with one another. The technology aids your security system by putting all devices onto the same network. You can draw specific boundaries around your home and designate what actions you want to take place when you go past the specified border.
For example, when you leave your driveway, you may set your security system to lock doors, close the garage, and turn on your alarm. Then, when you return to your house, geofencing will alert your system to disarm alarms, elevate the garage door, activate lighting, and even change your your temperature settings.
Below are several of the technologies you can manage with geofencing:
● Smart lights and outlets
● Security alarms and cameras
● Home electronics such as speakers or TVs
● Garage doors
Custom Geofencing, Schedules, And Scenes Are At Your Fingertips With Your Mobile Security App
Geofencing is just one way you can utilize your home’s security system in Dothan. When you download the security app, you can make the most of smart home automation. With just a few taps of your phone, and you can:
● Set schedules: program your smart components to engage at predetermined times. Instruct your lighting to turn down to tell you that it's bedtime, or disengage your alarms when you get up.
● Define how devices react to one another: Make specific components come alive based on another activity. Have your thermostat turn on the fan when the fire alarm goes off. Or turn on your hall’s smart light when your doorbell camera notices abnormal activity in the yard.
● Customize scenes: Create room and event scenes with various smart components that function in concert with each other. Have your smart bulbs switch off, the thermostat go down, and the locks engage at the end of the day. Or customize a scene for a movie marathon with specific lighting and thermostat adjustments.
● Take advantage of geofencing: There may be times when you fail to arm the security system when you're running late for work. With geofencing technology and your cell phone, you don’t have to worry about forgetting to switch on the alarm and put down the garage door.
Take Advantage Of Geofencing in Dothan
Whether you seek added peace-of-mind of a safe, secure home whenever you go to work or you wish to explore your home automation options, geofencing can help. Speak with one of our representatives today at (334) 219-8334 or submit the form below to get started on your optimal security system.