There was a time not long ago when wired equipment was your only solution when hooking up a home security system. You didn’t have the option of placing a security camera on a countertop or governing your components with a cell phone. However, home security is much different now, and that’s largely due to the incorporation of wireless technology. You currently have a range of extra advantages to experience -- like system access from anywhere, components that connect and react to each other, and easy installs. Wireless home security systems in Dothan will defend your home while making your life easier.
Important Considerations When Going Wireless
First and foremost, wireless home security systems must have a reliable internet and Wi-Fi connection to perform in a proper fashion. If you have access to fast internet and a capable wireless router, you’re a good candidate for wireless equipment.
If you’re concerned about power or internet outages, look for options that have battery and cellular backups in place to sustain the link to your monitoring professionals at all times.
In the event you reside in a more rural area without dependable access to internet or cellular services, a wired installation will probably be better. Or It might also make more sense from a monetary perspective to opt for a wired installation if you relocate to a residence that currently has wiring for security components in place.
Benefits Of Wireless Home Security Systems
Both wired and wireless home security systems in Dothan will boost the safety of your property, which is the primary purpose in the first place. However, if you prefer the possibility of using the most current tech, consider the perks of wireless:
- Access from any location: Gain access to everything in your home from your locking systems to your thermostat directly from the palm of your hand with the ADT Control app. You are able to check footage from cameras, activate your connected lights, and even turn on your alarm in the event you forgot to do so. When a security event comes up, you can have alerts dispatched straight to your phone.
- Easy to install and customize: Forget about the countless wires, damage to drywall, and lengthy installations. The great thing about wireless components is that you are able to install them practically in any location and in less time. If you wish to customize later with the latest equipment, incorporating components into your configuration is not complicated.
- Smart home device interaction: Wireless functionality makes smart home interactions a possibility with fast, two-way communications. You can set your components to act in specific scenarios to boost your safety and deter home invasions. For instance, if your outside surveillance discerns unusual activity around your home, it may signal your inside lights to illuminate.
Drawbacks Of Wireless Home Security Systems In Dothan
Despite the fact that wireless home security systems in Dothan have proven to be a good choice, it’s understandable if you have some hesitations about utilizing one. Here are some of the most frequent areas of concern:
- Battery-run wireless components could run out of power. However, your smart components will send you a notification whenever batteries need to be changed.
- Sensors typically have to be positioned within a set distance from your home’s command center. ADT offers range extenders in some situations to boost your flexibility.
- Like other computer networks, the fear of getting hacked persists. You can take steps to minimize the chance of this happening by creating hard-to-crack passwords, always updating default settings, and selecting a router with an integrated firewall. You should also only install security components with encryption of 128-bit or more.
Would You Like To Go Wireless? Reach Out To Your Security Specialists
Are you ready to reap the benefits of Dothan wireless home security? Call (334) 219-8334 to speak with the security professionals at Secure24 Alarm Systems. Our experts will assist you in designing the right package for your residence.