Where To Place Home Security Cameras In Dothan?
Where are the best spots to place your home security cameras in Dothan? As a general rule, you should consider three primary areas of your property for video surveillance: your front door, the exterior space around your home, and strategic interior positions. Even though your provider will be able to advise where you should begin, consider the following best practices on where to place your home security cameras at your home.
Make Sure To Defend Your Front Door
While you might find it unlikely that a burglar would attempt to simply stroll through your home’s main entryway, 34% of intrusions occur at the front door. You also have package thieves among other dangers to consider. Doorbell surveillance is ideal to manage these possibilities with crystal clear high-def, wide-angle capabilities.
Video doorbells are nice as you have the ability to chat with people who come and ring the bell. Through your cell phone app, like ADT Control, you can answer each instance with two-direction audio and live feeds and look like you’re home. When someone attempts something criminal, you are able to have your camera instantly capture footage and send it to your cell phone through a text.
Cover The Most Area With Your Exterior Cameras
Where to place home security cameras on the exterior of your home can be a daunting task. Luckily, there are a handful of tips to greatly increase the likelihood that you’re well protected.
- The corners of your Dothan house allow for an impressive sightline, as you can see two sections of your yard.
- Right under an overhang or into a bit of siding or exterior trim are excellent options for security cameras as they will be somewhat hidden by blending into your gutterline.
- On top of your garage, as the garage door is a more likely entryway for invaders than you’d think!
- Over a patio or sliding door -- or any doorway not in clear view from the street.
To make sure these locations are successful, you should always prune any brush and branches that could obscure your view.
Recommendations For Getting The Best Results From Your Interior Cameras
You have more options on where to place home security cameras within your property in Dothan. But the additional versatility results in there being more factors to consider:
- Sunshine through Your Windows: While you’ll want to be certain your windows are secure, the sunlight that enters via a window might cast a glare on your camera’s video feed. Aim the lens away from direct sunlight to avoid this.
- Utilize Height: Just like a watchtower, a video camera positioned in a higher spot will produce a wider field of vision. Consider putting your cameras on top of bookshelves or affixed to a corner or ceiling.
- Prevent Access by Children and Pets: Your surveillance system won’t have the chance to protect you if it’s damaged or destroyed. Place your indoor units in locations where little ones and house pets aren’t able to interact with them. You might consider mounting or a different method of attaching them to be certain they won’t wobble if accidentally bumped.
- Houseplants and Decor: The best video camera won’t help you much if you have a houseplant blocking the view. On the other hand, interior decor and plant life may be a perfect way to cloak your recording devices. Just make sure they don’t keep the camera from doing its job!
Have Secure24 Alarm Systems Install And Place Your Home Security Cameras
To ensure the proper installation of your home security cameras and security devices, enlist the experienced technicians at Secure24 Alarm Systems. We'll help install the right package for your complete residence -- protecting every inch. Simply contact (334) 219-8334 or complete the following form to arrange a consultation.