If you’re the same as a lot of homeowners, you need your house to be safeguarded at all times. but, will a home security system work in Dothan?
The easy answer: you bet. That is if you install the right alarm system. Not only do the alarms and sensors provide wonderful protection, the modern devices give a level of convenience and management you might not have thought about previously. By adding home automation, security cameras, and access through a mobile app, you should make your day [[easier|simpler] and more secure while also saving money on energy bills.
Let's take a moment and explore why a home security system is a good idea for your house.
Essential Home Security Needs
To make sure your Dothan home security system works to the best of its ability, you’ll want these indispensable home security features:
- Window and door sensors: You may find this unusual, but most thieves break into your home through the front door. The other two most recurrent entry points are patio or back doors and lower-level windows. For these stats, door and window sensors are considered the base of your security system. When the security system is live and your sensors are disturbed, the jarring, high-decibel alarm siren will sound and your 24/7 monitoring agents will be pinged.
- Touchscreen command center: Don’t look for confusing number pads, as state-of-the-art touchpads now run your entire system. These screens can also control your home automation, home security cameras, and monitoring services.
- smartphone app: The best home security system allow you direct every aspect of your house through a mobile app. Now if device senses something unusual, you can get an instant notification to your smartphone. Also, activate your entryway alarms remotely, set smart locks, adjust the thermostat and more.
- Security yard signs and window decals: While there isn’t tech in a small, blue yard sign or a window decal, they will warn a potential burglar that your home is safeguarded.
Can A Alarm System Really Protect Your Property In Dothan?
While it might seem like an exaggeration to install alarms and download a security app when you already use locks and reside in a safe area, studies support the notion that an alarm system can still guard your home. For example, a paper out of Rutger University sees that most burglars will actively steer clear of houses with a home security system installed. They’ll instead look to break-into an easier home that is poorly protected.
That correlated with statistics from the National Council For Home Safety and Security. They state that most burglarized properties don’t have a security system. With numbers, they are 300% more likely to be vandalized than properties that are protected. And while displaying that your house is protected helps discourage instructions, other components -- like smart locks and a doorbell security cameras -- can also help repel thieves.
Of course, ADT home security systems can do more than buzz an siren. Now you can add in some advanced components and services that make a home security safer and energy efficient.
24-hour Monitoring Is The Best Backup To Your Alarms
Does a alarm system work in Dothan without 24-hour monitoring? Using a outside experts is always the winning bet and 24/7 monitoring from trained agents can make certain emergency services come quickly after a triggered device.
Monitoring agents will watch your alarms no matter what time it is -- whether you are home or not. If you’re out and can’t hear an alarm, your agent will contact you and the authorities after a tripped event occurs. Even if you’re home, you can make sure kids and furry companions are all wrangled up.
Use Similar Monitored Services For Flood, Fire, and Medical
When you get your security system, you can install much more than motion detectors. equipment like fire alarms, CO detectors, and flood alarms can be added to your main set-up. If an emergency is detected, your devices will trigger just like your home security alarms. Then when the high-decibel bell sounds, your round-the-clock monitoring team are pinged, and an alert will be sent to your smartphone.
You can even order a panic button, which can be easily pinned to you or a loved one via a neck pendant, bracelet, or shirt clip. If there is a fall incident or a medical problem, they can simply employ a two-finger button to contact your monitoring agent.
Get Safety, Responsiveness And Energy Savings With Home Automation
The best smart home alarms and cameras bring you a level of management and comfort you’ve never got before. They will make your house more energy-savvy and responsive. And when you link smart devices to your security system, they will also make your property that much safer. For instance:
- Schedule your smart lights to make it feel like your house is full when you’re on vacation.
- Have your indoor smart lighting come on as your doorbell camera sees suspicious motion.
- Use your phone’s location services to bolt your locks, flip off your lights, and turn down the temperature when you leave the house.
- Make customized scenes that can pre-set your lighting levels, temperature, alarms, cameras, and other equipment with a single hit of a button.
- Or simply check up all your alarms and cameras and manage your components through your phone.
Plus, think of the energy you’ll conserve through automation, and you’ll see how much you need a state-of-the-art security system in Dothan. You will also be able to direct your devices with vocal commands when you connect your security system to your Echo or Google Home.
Maintain A Watch On Your House With Smart Cameras
Signs, decals, and outside lights are great home invasion deterrents, but video surveillance may take your protection to a better place. The worst thing an intruder wants is to be caught on a security camera as the footage might be leveraged against them in a criminal case. You can pick from outside, inside, and doorbell cameras, and all will give you live feeds 24/7.
Do you want to investigate the noise you heard in the yard? Would you like to check on the kids when they get home from school? Has a package been delivered yet? All you need to do is to pull up the live feed from your ADT Control app. You could also receive alerts on your smartphone whenever a visitor comes on your porch or they detects abnormal motion. Then speak with guests with the 2-way talk feature on the camera.
How To Get Your Security System In Dothan?
Need help in customizing a security system that works in Dothan? Our security agents can custom-build the most useful alarms, automation, and security cameras that can be incorporated into one affordable plan. Contact us directly at (334) 219-8334 or send in the form below.